SchoolApply.com launched in 2016 with more than 4,000 universities and colleges listed in the US, UK, Canada and more. The goal is to match all students in the world with great academic programs abroad that fit their needs and potential.
Searchmanager Media is engaged to help SchoolApply increase the visibility for international SEO (Asia, Africa, & UAE)
The goal for the engagement is simple — put SchoolApply in front of potential students and parents searching for help in how to study abroad.
The website was launched in January 2016. We dug deep into keyword and competition research and discovered that SchoolApply was entering a very competitive niche (education) with fierce competition from lead generation websites.
SchoolApply is a service platform for students (Saas) and not a lead generation website. We needed to create an international strategy that catered to the demographics of students seeking counseling to study abroad.
- Our research showed that a lot of the head terms had a significant amount of search volume and also tough competition. Other terms were needed in the strategy.
- We also discovered that we needed to make a technical SEO audit in order to make Google crawl the website in the best possible way.
- Our research also showed that articles with a large number of words and backlinks were dominating the SERPs. We needed to build a proper content and link-building strategy.
- Content strategy — We conducted deep keyword research to create targeted, high-traffic content and landing pages.
- PR/link building — The brand needed solid startup press and we partnered up with a PR agency to create backlinks and brand mentions.
- Link building — We launched a massive outreach campaign to ask for guest posting, link placement in resource guides and startup directories.
- Technical SEO — We implemented our recommended findings from the SEO audit.
- Localization — We also recommended the client to implement ccTLD domains with localized content in order to target the most important group of students. India is a very important target market.
- 72,531 % increase in organic traffic
- 9,828 % increase in organic conversion
- 598 referring domains (.com)
- 18,2k backlinks (.com)
- 598 referring domains (.co.in)
- 4,7 backlinks (.co.in)
“SearchManager Media’s many years of specializing in SEO has really been a huge asset in the launch of SchoolApply’s service, by implementing an international SEO strategy and rollout of multiple domains across tier 1 markets in a highly-competitive vertical education. Robert Nyberg is and will be my go to person when it comes to SEO and I would recommend his skill set to everyone!” Alex Macura, VP of Markering.